National comparisons provide an overall context for understanding how Iowa compares, and more specifically how central Iowa compares. The following sources have been selected based on their thoroughness and consistency from year to year. They include comparisons of states, counties and largest cities.
- 50-State Property Tax Comparison Study| June 2016 | Lincoln Institute of Land Policy and Minnesota Center for Fiscal Excellence
- Tax Foundation 2015 Facts and Figures (State-Level Comparisons of All Taxes)
- Tax Foundation National County-Level Property Tax Comparisons
- Tax Foundation National Comparison Map
- How High Are Property Taxes in Your State?